Friday, November 29, 2013

Cleaning Multiple Maven and Ant Projects

I am trying to put a bunch of my code on my Google Drive to back it up. I have had a couple of bad experiences lately around failed hardware, and needing some code that I could not get to from a remote machine. I copied all of the projects to the Google Drive in the interim. I am not sure if this is a good idea since the builds in the IDE seem cause it some issues, but until I have everything on Bitbucket, I will need to have it on the drive.

Anyway, I was looking for a way to make sure all of the projects were clean so that I could conserve space, save money, and keep the scanning to a more minimal level. So how do you step through each directory and issue commands to clean the projects. Here are my examples:

Maven


Ant



Please note that I set the maxdepth to 1 so that it would not recursively keep digging down directory levels invoking the command. The -type d option is to only examine directories starting from the current directory. The cd{} shell command tells the script to go into the directory that was found and execute the following command.

I hope that this might save someone a few minutes.

0 comments :

Popular Posts