Friday, July 21, 2017

autolink-java framework

I have been looking for a good and simple "Java library to extract links (URLs, email addresses) from plain text". I was searching on Github and found this little gem called autolink-java by Robin Stocker (robinst).

This library was used in a proof-of-concept (POC) I was working on at work. We needed to be able to extract all of the links from a page, and display them. This includes hyperlinks and email addresses. This little gem met the bill, and was quick to parse the text file I used.

The example requires the following maven dependencies:
This framework extracted a list of URLs from a file that looks like this:
As you can see, it generates a nice extraction of the URLs from the surrounding text. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

The project has been uploaded to Bitbucket and can be found here: autolink-java-extractor.

0 comments :

Popular Posts